Monday, February 10, 2014

Week 12, 11.

Week 12 was a recovery week, so we didn't do anything too interesting.  I did record probably the fastest 72nd Street Transverse crossing ever, at 6:44, on Tuesday, February 4. 
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/437307742

So after a little bit of discussion, I decided that I have to graduate out of my comfortable, happy, Faster Finish classes.  I LOVE THAT CLASS, but if I want to improve, things must get shaken.  And shaken it would be.

I have teamed up with my friend and fellow Tu-tu hater, Ms. Finn to create our own speed work team.  We'll be doing some tough Hansons (not the pop group...) style intervals on Tuesdays.  I've decided to call it Fastest Finish, and Week 11 started with just that.

Monday - 6M on TM in the AM, Core Work on the Squishy Disc, Spin at night.

Tuesday - 4M on TM in the AM.
PM: Fastest Finish.
The workout schedule said 1M with 600m recovery X3, with 1Ms at 6:40 pace.  That's not going to happen, no way.  But we managed to crank out some good time, considering it had some hills:

Wednesday - AM:  6M.  It was supposed to be 5M, but since it was on a TM due to snow again, I threw in an extra mile.  Getting pretty sick of the snow...
PM:  Pilates.

Thursday - AM:  The workout was interval runs with stretches at 10K pace.  From 72nd to Engineer's Gate (1M) at 10K pace, with attack on Cat Hill.  Recover to bottom of Harlem Hill.  Attack Harlem Hill to next mile marker (top of 102nd Hill) at 10K.  Recover the next two hills, then speed downhill from Reservoir back to 72nd.  Didn't quite work out that way.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/441512516

I got way too worked about pace again.  This always prompts me to stop on middle of Harlem Hill.  Disappointed, I restart the adventure.  Second time around, it goes just as worse with three stops.  I almost want to cry.  I come out of the Harlem Hill-102nd Hill stretch with 7:30, which is good pace, but considering the stops, it's crap.  While I recover down the 102nd Hill, I decide to redeem myself by going all out on the 2nd Hill (6:58) and recover down.  Then from the 3rd Hill to 72nd all out, no recovery.  Some dude decides to race me on the flats, and I smoke him for added ego-boost.  But I felt crappy for the rest of the day, having completely failed on Harlem Hills.

Thursday PM:  Pilates with Taylor.  My right foot cramped :(

Friday - OFF. 

Saturday - 18M with Yung Hae.  The team is back!  Easy for first 4, 8:-8:15 for the next 13, 14-17 at marathon pace.  (Almost) nailed it - everything went pretty well until the last bit, of course.  I pooped out on Harlem Hill again (pacing) and had to stop at one point for water.  My water bottle failed to cooperate. 

The brand-new Garmin 620 failed to register GPS properly and other numbers, like caloric burn seems way off...After some internet research, apparently the Heart Rate Monitor and the Garmin has some kind of AI thing going on and that the more I use, the more it "learns" about me and the numbers get accurate.

...Why can't they just produce an accurate item from the get-go?  Because this will mean that for the next 10-20 runs, it's going to be inaccurate...I sometimes hate technology.  Sigh.

Sunday - easy recovery on the TM.

Sunday Night - learned Week 10 will have my first 20M run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment